Pages

3.15.2011

Spring Breakers, Risk Takers

     This weekend was the official start to my Spring Break and unfortunately I will not be heading anywhere cool this year. I haven't gone anywhere cool for spring break ever, to be blunt, but I always have a good time on spring break. My break started out with doing homework on Friday (awesome, I know) and Amanda coming up to my house. Uneventful, but chill Friday night. Saturday morning started with an early morning run to the King of Prussia Mall. I've never been to mall anytime before noon but it was awesome watching all of the store employees open the metal grates to the public. It felt like watching the gears in an intricate machine turning and making the machine work. Amanda had an interview with a nanny company that dispatches nannies to rich people who have kids but don't want to take care of them. While she was in her interview I picked out this beauty from the hat store.
     People have asked me why I picked a Pittsburgh Pirates hat since the baseball team always finishes in the basement. I happen to like the hat and like pay homage to the state that raised me. I recently saw on the news our Governor, Tom Corbett, a man I voted for, wearing a Green Bay Packers jersey. I was flabbergasted to see this happen. My philosophy on politics is that you should be passionate about the thing you are going to be representing. Governor Corbett is a bold man, slashing budgets and making heavy political moves in his first 100 days, but i didn't think that he would be that bold. He could have at least put on a Steelers jersey.
      Which brings me to my next bit of knowledge, Pennsylvanians are pretty passionate people. Eagles fans, Phillies fans, Flyers fans, Pennsylvanians always think that each one of their sports teams are going to win everything each year they compete. Pennsylvanians, especially Philadelphians are very proud of their heritage. Not only their nationality but where they are from. Whiz wit is the only way to order a cheesesteak and if you order anything else, we know you're from out of town. We have our own accent too which I am a product of. The "Prolly", "Broadstreet", "Iggles" and "Alnee" are all words that I use frequently and I proudly call myself a Philadelphian because I live in the greatest city in the world. 

     Back from tangentville, The rest of the weekend was capped off in Jersey. We had a family style meal in Mays Landing consisting of Lasagna and all the fixings and played Pictionary with all of the fam. Monday I stayed in New Jersey and worked on Ghost Towns which you should be excited for. I only gave you a little taste cause I really want it to get hyped like crazy when the book and show drops this summer. I'll leave you with my plans for spring break, I'm going to hit up Philadelphia for some street photography and hopefully get an orientation for my new job at Lowe's. That's right, slinging paint. wood and plumbing supplies like it's my job because it is. Hope you guys make some cool plans for your Spring Break, feel free to share with a comment. I'll gladly return with a response. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment