Pages

3.22.2011

Bright Futures

      After a wildly successful SXSW last weekend, a lot of new rising artists really did blaze the stage out of nowhere. Some of my favorite acts this year were from the hip hop genre. Although I am a huge fan of current hip hop, an important part of music is looking for new artists that will take the reins from current artists. All of the stages sounded hot this year but Fader Fort was definitely the spot to be. All kinds of artists came through but these were just a couple of my favorites.

Yelawolf.


      Yelawolf was featured on XXL's freshman class and I see why they were so hyped about him. His music has such a raw feel. It's gritty, uncut and has the classic rap feel. Alabama hasn't had many good rappers come out of it lately but Yelawolf is going to be here to stay. His future is seriously one of the brightest I've seen in a while.



Machine Gun Kelly.


      The one thing I felt when I first heard MGK was "seriously, this kid's got heart." I have never seen a rapper currently with more heart than MGK. This kid goes seriously hard. He spits harder than anyone rapping as of late. He almost reminds me of a young Eminem but goes harder on stage. This kid is seriously the craziest performer I've seen in a while. If you think about it, the reason people go to see shows is to feel the energy. I don't think I've ever seen a performer with more energy than MGK. One minute he's bouncing around the stage the next minute he's on top of the speaker tower screaming at the top of his lungs. Another kid with a seriously bright future.





     Make sure you find the artists that are going to define the industry in the future and actually go out and support them. Downloading their album from piratebay does not count. Go buy a CD, usually the sound better and it's nice to know that you're supporting something you believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment