Pages

3.16.2011

Rest in Peace, My Brother

     Although I usually make music posts on Thursdays, today is one of those days that is important to the music world. The iconic, scratch that, legendary west coast rapper, Nate Dogg passed away yesterday. Gone from us here on Earth, Nate Dogg will live on through the music that he left us. It is not time for us to mourn but time to celebrate the life he lived.

      The first time I ever heard Nate was in this video above. I wish I could have said a classic like "Regulate" but it is what it is. I think I even learned the word ho from Nate and I've never been the same since. Like Eminem said, Nate's voice was irreplaceable and we'll be lucky to find another artist that could drop a hook like Nate Dogg. The old saying rings true. "It ain't a hit if Nate Dogg don't spit."

     Nate was to me the definition of a triple O.G. This man had a voice softer than a baby's bottom but still spit on hard tracks like it was his job. He knew who he was and wasn't willing to compromise his flavor to fit on some generic rap track. Hip hop was changed for the better once Nate got into the booth. Today hip hop holds a moment of silence for his legacy.


We all wear the trademark top hat and cane today for Nate. Rest in Peace big homie. We know you're in a better place spitting hook for Big and Pac.

No comments:

Post a Comment