Pages

3.20.2011

Fried Egg

     Thanks to Rebecca Black, the title of this post is dedicated to the way she pronounces Friday. Let's start off by saying that this Friday was by far the best day of the year. It was a balmy 86 degrees in March which is unheard of in the greater North East. I started my day off normally by reading up on my friends' website. See the sidebar if you are interested. I then decided it was time for something different for lunch. I had been eating constant sandwiches all week and wanted to switch it up. If you know me well, my preferred method of food intake is in tube form. Specifically burritos. So i went to my local burrito place to grab one.

     This gem is a chicken burrito from my local Chipolte. Apparently all the ingredients inside are gold which is why it's wrapped in a gold foil wrapper. I already love this burrito. I opted to go from some medium salsa and some guac. Another thing I love in this world is guac. It's like eating avocado flavored velvet which makes me hungry just thinking of it. The wrapper didn't stay on long though.

      So good. Everything just melted in my mouth and it came with the most delicious chips and the freshest salsa ever. It tasted just like summer. After about ten minutes this resulted.

     Gone! After that wonderful snack I hit the road for some cruising to my favorite camera supply house. It's a good hour away so I loaded up my Ipod with some new music I just downloaded. Like I said in my earlier posts, I'm kind of a big Wiz Khalifa fan. Not on the level of Justin Bieber fans, I just like the take he has on hip hop. When I listen to his newer music, I feel like I'm listening to the future of hip hop. Stuff I might be listening to in 2014 is coming out of my speakers. After I picked up my film and chatted with my buddy Carl, my old friends from our college residence hit me up to hang out.
     Frank and Kim were probably my closest friends in college which was a very miserable part of my life. I wasn't gelling with the material and I wasn't really fitting in anywhere in the school minus a few good friends. They invited me to see their new place in the city. They lived in a really nice house on Pennsylvania Ave in the north section of the city. Awesome place and awesome people.

     Frank showed me his toy collection which was scary good. A lot of rare pieces and he also shared his new interest in art collecting. Check this jewel out.


     I then was introduced to this litte guy. His name was Chase.

     After the grand tour, Frank and I sat on the back patio and shared drinking stories for an hour. It was a really funny hour. We also took a little tour of the neighborhood. They live next to this really cool foot bridge where I plan to do some really nice street art when I get some new cans.

     It was quite a sight to see the skyline again. I miss living in the city so much because I'm such a city oriented person. I love what they call the heartbeat of the city. Philadelphia's beats stronger than any city I've ever been to and I seriously can't wait to get back. I hope to be back in school there in the fall. It was definitely a refreshing experience seeing old friends and promising I'd bring my firecracker, drunk self back once and a while. Let's just say it's going to be a wild summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment