Pages

5.30.2011

Forgiveness

     If you guys were wondering, yes, i did survive my 21st birthday but I managed to get pretty banged up. A black eye, some road rash and a severe hangover were waiting for me on the day of my birthday but i was a trooper and now we're here. Memorial Day Weekend or affectionately, MDW, is the official start of summer and since I was born on MDW I get to kick off summer with a bang every year. This year was a little larger than others. I probably will never forget my birthday because it was the time of my life. After the dust settled and my hangover cleared, it was back to business as usual.


     Since we have a bare corner in our yard that only gets partial morning sun, I decided it was time to do something about it. After work today, a quick trip to the Garden Center to look at quite possibly one of my favorite plants, the Rhododendrons. There is something mildly amusing about them and their stout shrub appearance and beautiful blooms is almost ironic to me. As I browsed the many samples, I managed to find this gem. The last white Rhododendron left and it cost me quite a pretty penny. It was worth every bit of it.



     There is something about white flowers that always gets to me. The pure color is almost otherworldly and the fact they're not pink, purple or orange like the rest of the plants in the garden center makes me feel differently about them. Whenever I see a white flower, I almost feel as if it is a sign of forgiveness from God. He put me in a moment where all I could see was white blooms and all I could think about was His grace. It's quite an experience for me and now every spring, I'll get that same feeling over and over again.


     So hopefully, I can get my green thumb on and make this little guy grow to his fullest potential. I would be heartbroken to have to walk back into work with a dead root ball and my receipt after killing my new plant. I know that there was some greater purpose behind this Rhododendron adventure. Maybe it was starting a new adventure in my life or simply asking for forgiveness of my past sins. I can't quite put my finger on the true reason but I'm sure I'll figure it out someday.
     In other news, The Switchblade Soundtrack Vol. 3 - Ready for Glory is on it's way. I'm working on it as we speak and it will be in your hands next week. Finally, the first release of Electric Dreams Inc. shirts has been put in motion and I am really excited to share them with you guys. After all that remember that you don't have to let go of the past to move on, you just have to begin something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment