Pages

5.04.2011

Lifted

     So it was a pretty event less weekend over here at Electric Dreams Inc. but I felt as if this week was a lot better. My Friday was filled with a road trip, yes, it takes me an hour to get there, to my favorite camera store to check out some new glass and talk photography news with my good buddy, Carl Kosola. All around great guy who helps me with whatever I need every time I walk into New York Camera & Video in Southampton. It is the camera shop that I dreamed of when I first got started in photography and anyone in the greater Philadelphia area who has some sort of photographic need will be impressed with their knowledge and overall friendliness.


     Just look at those shelves, fully stocked and Rich is there answering a complicated question that a customer has. The complete package is what you get when you walk in there. Taken with the luxurious 35L from Canon, I instantly was sold when I saw the way it rendered the bright yellow in the store to my absolute loving. I also took the enormous 85L for a spin. 


     Simply gorgeous was all I could say when I saw the lovely, creamy bokeh on this photo. At f/1.2 just a small slice of the Gorillapod is in focus and now I see why this lens is THE best portrait lens in the business. After all was said and done and my lens fantasies were fulfilled, I picked up a 16GB memory card for when I go to body that can take video, which I'm really excited for. If you're a fan of my blog you also know I was excited for this.


      That's correct, ladies and gentlemen, The Hot Sauce Committe Part Two from the Beastie Boys. Since I had heard the whole album before it was available in stores, I knew I was doing a good thing by going out and purchasing a physical copy of the album. I love doing that because I know some fraction of my money is actually supporting the artists and when it comes to the Beastie Boys, I want to fully support them. All I can say is, phenomenal.



     If you haven't heard any of it, you can check out the full album here but go out and do some good and buy a copy if you really like it. For a week straight, it's going to be all I listen to because I am so glad they are back on the scene after a short hiatus. They have a swagger that cannot be matched and will never be duplicated. I hope you guys find those artists you really love and actually go out and be a true fan by buying the album in stores instead of ripping them off and hitting up piratebay. Be a fan, everyone needs support in these tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment