Pages

4.20.2011

Vol. 1

      Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you The Switchblade Soundtrack Vol. 1. The music that moves my art and my life.


Download it HERE and support your local (art) dealer.

EDIT:  The Switchblade Soundtrack was an idea inspired by a trend to post a mixtape that completely moves you. Since we have lost the days when it was a nice gesture to make an actual mixtape for a friend and the internet has taken its place, I thought I'd do my loyal fans a big favor. I decided to put a lot of 80's New Wave artists on my mixtape since I always find myself coming back to the music of my childhood. My parents were obsessed with New Wave and I grew up bouncing in my car seat to artists like The Cure, Tears for Fears and Elton John. I was such a strange and shy child and I attribute it to an overexposure to sappy British love songs.  I also threw on a few songs that remind me what it was like to be a kid once again. Songs that are spontaneous and have such a natural feel to them. Also included is the artists that make me think today and really tell you a lot about my artwork. The track listing goes as follows:

1. - Young Blood - The Naked and Famous
2. - Everybody wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears
3. - How Soon is Now? - The Smiths
4. - Get Some - Lykke Li
5. - Policy of Truth - Depeche Mode
6. - Train in Vain - The Clash
7. - The Promise - Anberlin (Originally by When in Rome)
8. - Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
9. - Heat of the Moment - Asia
10. - Where You're Coming From - Matt & Kim
11. - Lovers in Japan (Reign Of Love) - Coldplay
12. - Letters from the Sky - Civil Twilight
13. - Daps - Ground Up
14. - Lights Turned On - Childish Gambino
15. - Pop The Trunk - Yelawolf
16. - Chip Off The Block - Machine Gun Kelly

        I hope you guys really enjoy. I put a lot of thought into this mixtape and you can look for them quarterly. I'll be putting out Vol. 2 "Sounds of Summer" in late June. It will definitely be something to jam to, late night when you're going hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment