Pages

4.15.2011

Feel Good Friday

       Since I've left you guys hanging for a while. I'm gonna drop a music post for ya. Since it's Friday and everyone loves a good Friday feeling, I have decided to share with you an artist that I've been listening to for a while now. I wouldn't really define it as feel good music, but it makes me feel pretty good.


      Lykke Li is a vocalist out of Sweden and she is just that. With a strange sound that really captivates your ear drums as you groove out to her songs. Most of her music is upbeat and has such personality to it but she is such a talent artist that almost everyone song has its own flavor. Talented to say the least, listening to her is like drinking a fine wine. Getting different notes throughout the song is the best part about listening to her.


      When I first heard her music, I was sitting at a table at the infamous Hanschumacher Dining Center at Drexel University. I was enjoying, or at least trying to enjoy, the Hawaiian pizza and heard her first single off of her first album Youth Novels called "I'm Good, I'm Gone".




Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone from Lykke Li on Vimeo.

     It's a seriously creepy video but an awesome song. After her Youth Novels, she came out with a new album this year and it is hands down my favorite album of 2011 so far and anything else has yet to come close. It's somewhat single based by the music is so profound. She almost has a 60's feel on one song and the next song is really emotional. Talking about years beyond her years and how her fans will be better than she was. Music that speaks to the fans is the only music worth listening to. Who would listen to it if it wasn't for fans?





      The first single off of Wounded Rhymes is utter genius. The song is just sexy and she completely nailed the video. I look forward to see her in May for my birthday and see this musical whirlwind in person. I can't wait to see what she has in store for the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment