Pages

4.27.2011

In Sound From Far Out!

      You guys are certainly a lucky bunch, two music posts back to back. I saw this video today and it brought back so much nostalgia that I simply could not resist sharing.


     The Beastie Boys are no doubt one of my favorite music artists, period. I can't stress enough how much their music has influenced my life at some point or another. The first time I heard them was on a rock radio station called 93.3 WMMR here in Philadelphia. I was about 9 years old and their classic, Paul Revere, came on the radio. you know how it goes. Nooooooow, here's a little story, I got to tell about three bad brothers you know so well. It started way back in history with Adrock, MCA, and me, MIKE D. The rest is history. Once the beat dropped, the reverse 808's just blew my mind. It was such a different sound that I couldn't get enough of. I later became a true fan and bought my first copy of License to Ill. It's still history from there.
  

      I can remember times back in freshman year of college (yes, it's pretty hard to do that) where I would be jamming in my dorm to the Beasties and people would come in and tell me, "I forgot that song existed". I was the neo-hipster, listening to songs people forgot about. In recent news, sad news at that one of the founding members, MCA, was stricken with cancer. Putting up the good fight, and still fighting, they still grind and are coming out with a new album. I can barely contain my excitement.
     The video for their new single, an ode to the classic, You Gotta Fight Revisited, came to my screen today. At almost 30 minutes long and full of celebrities we all know and love. It is classic Beastie Boys video. Stuff you didn't think was allowed on screen but I'll let you guys find out why with this.


     The best part about this video that does my heart good is that MCA still directed the entire video. I hope he really comes out on top of his battle with cancer because my life wouldn't be the same without the Beastie Boys. I really hope you guys enjoyed the video as much as I did (especially the end) and make sure to share it with your friends in your dorms. The New In Sound From Far Out Lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment