Pages

10.04.2011

Look into my Eyes


     Everyone ought to know by now how much I love house music. It's the music that sweeps through my soul and makes me want to dance like an idiot. Although I love a whole bunch of DJ's there is one solid favorite that's been with me since high school. Going by the stage name of Kaskade, Ryan Raddon has literally torn up the charts this year by dropping some of the hottest songs of 2011. His two brand new singles, "Eyes" and "Turn It Down" have become favorites for all those deep in the house scene. Even some of his older songs have made major play on top 40 radio stations and it couldn't make me any happier. 
      I've been into House music since high school when my buddies of the crew team would blast the infectious beats out of the "erg" room in the basement of my school. Getting hooked on artists such as Deadmau5, Kaskade, Tiesto, and so many others. A few of them I decided to stick with and still follow to this day.
      Although my tastes in music have varied over the years from obsessions with death metal to hardcore trap rap phases, house music has always stuck with me. I guess it's just the beat that my soul moves to that keeps me coming back. 
      Kaskade has become the premier DJ out of the US today. Although many other countries have their superstar DJ's like the Dutch have Armin Van Buuren, the Swedes have Avicii, us Americans live for Kaskade. No one really has blown up to the level that he has in today's scene. You really can't blame him with the beats he drops and his utterly beautiful vocals he plays over them. 
      All in all, music is what moves all of us. It can move us to tears, give us goosebumps, make us scream and dance like we never have before. I enjoy a wide range of music because the writer in me is completely obsessed with lyrics but the musician in me will always flock to house music. Being personal, you should find the music you truly and deeply form an incredible connection with and scream like I do when it comes on American radio for the first time. It's been a pretty wild 8 years and I only imagine it's gonna get wilder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment