Pages

10.01.2011

Flagships

     So it's finally October and I say that like I've been waiting for this month all year but it's just another one on the calender. I've decided that I've kinda let you guys down in the sense that I haven't been a good blogger in a while but October is a whole new start. DAILY POSTS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN ALL THIS MONTH. That's right, I said it. This is going to be our most productive month here and it's a promise. To start this month off, I'm going to talk about a topic that I've been thinking about for a while and the subject of this post is going to be about flagships.



     Now I'm not talking about those kind of ships because the good lord knows I could probably write a blog about ships themselves. I'm taking about the top of the offerings presented. A company makes their flagship model the best they can offer without an compromise. If we were to look at it with cameras, Canon's flagship model is the monstrous 1Ds Mark III. A twenty one megapixel beast of a camera that produces the highest resolution images in the Canon line to date. Not only does it offer high resolution, the feel and the way the camera works allows professional photographers and Canonites to work effortlessly since they know exactly how the camera is going to work and how the images are going to come out on the other side. Seamless adjustments made on the fly and productivity skyrocket when the right tool is used for the job. This is a perfect example of what a flagship product is.

Photo Credit: Joey Lawrence on a Canon 1Ds Mark III

     Although it may be tough to say, we should all strive to be flagship models of the human race. Being the best at what we do and making what we do look effortless. Practice definitely does make perfect and when it comes to executing nothing helps more than previous practice.  Looking flawless doing what you love is no doubt one of the best feelings in the world. For example if you were swimmer and someone came up to say how great you swam in your last race, would you have any problem with that? Even if you were just speaking at your best friend's wedding and your friend came up after and said "Bro, you totally killed that best man speach". I challenge you to frown after that compliment. Who seriously doesn't like being told they did an awesome job.


      Life takes us all in different directions. Finding your direction and flying the course is what it's all about. Sure, we all get a little lost and drift off course at times but we seldom realize that these little offshoots actually help us in the long run. Teaching us what we really need in our lives and what we really need to stop wasting time on. Ask any of my friends and they will tell you one of my most famous sayings it that life definitely gives you a lot of room to fuck up. I know this because I sure have lived it. Don't take life too seriously, people tend to shy away from those who do. Even if you're not super successful, you might have friends that are and would be willing to share the wealth.


      As for me, school has pretty much invaded my life to the fullest extent. On campus 5 days a week and at work 5 nights a week is something I wouldn't wish on anyone but you have to what you need to do to get by. If you know me though, don't think I've factored fun out of my life completely. It sure has been pretty fun meeting a whole bunch of new people and learning new things from my teachers. It's gonna be a short two years, I know that for sure but I'm going to do what I can to enjoy it and really live this thing they call life. For now, its just the old saying. Keep on keeping on. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment