Pages

10.02.2011

Dream Highway

     The dream highway is a place many people find themselves on in the wee hours of the morning resting comfortably in their bed. Scientists say that everyone dreams but some people forget what they dreamt about before they wake up. Unfortunately I am in the small minority that happens to remember their dreams. Frankly speaking, I can remember certain dreams I've had almost two years ago and even further. Dreams can be a great thing and inspire people to do great things but dreams can also be one of those things that can be, at least for me, crippling to your productivity during the next day.


     Last night I had a strange dream about getting surgery. I can't distinctly remember why I was getting the surgery but It was a delicate one and my family was upset because they were unsure if I would survive the surgery. I was supportive and kept telling them that I would be perfectly fine until someone from the past showed up a complete emotional wreck. Have you ever been in the spot where someone from your past shows up and you are completely unprepared to deal with the situation? Multiply that feeling times ten right before you about to go into surgery. I remember the feeling I had when I woke up and it took me all day to try and figure out how to deal with that feeling.


     Normally, dreams tend to inspire me to create things. Things like artwork, care packages for friends I've fallen out of touch with and even whipping up a new dish in the kitchen. Kind of like the Michael Scott peanut butter and tuna fish sandwich dream he had when he opened Michael Scott Paper Company. Dreams tend to work in my favor. Although sometimes my dreams work against me and take me out for a day. 


     Listen to your dreams kids. Dreams tell you exactly what your insides are thinking and your insides are never wrong. True happiness is about following what your heart is telling you to do. My philosophy on the whole "Brain vs. Heart" argument is that you should never stop listening to your heart. If you end up in a jam, your brain will help think you out of it but your heart never lies. Your brain on the other hand is, well at least I'm convinced, is sometimes wired to lie. Lying helps us get out of sticky situations that sometimes we would rather not be it. Your heart will truely lead you down the road you want to be on. Take it from me, never do the so called "smart thing", always do the "Heart thing".



No comments:

Post a Comment