Pages

7.26.2011

Cathedrals in my Heart

     Since I haven't dropped a music post on you guys for a while, I thought I would come back to them in style. Not only have I been a Coldplay fan ever since Parachutes but I've liked every album more and more when they come out with a new one. Although technically it's not a new album, their newest release is probably one of the closest songs to my heart they have ever released. I've come back to songs and applied my own meaning on top of them from past albums but Every Teardrop is A Waterfall could not have come out at a more perfect time.


     I can remember hearing this song about a week before I left for my trip in Seattle. I was still in quite a good amount of pain from the huge ordeal that went down at the end of April but this song came to my rescue , literally. To this day I still hang on to every word that this song sung to me that first night I heard it. Lines like "You can hurt, hurt me bad, but still I'll raise the flag" and "Cathedrals in my heart". Words that simply spoke to me and told me all of the tears I shed in pain and suffering can now be tears of joy. Listening to it on the plane right before flying over the Emerald City was simply one of the most incredible things I've ever experienced.


     After landing and seeing scenery like this above, I literally could not shut up about how beautiful everything was. After the first cigarette since Philadelphia everything was perfect and I think that's literally why I fell in love with Seattle. I guess you could say it was love at first sight and I am now truly a believer in it. I don't think I'll ever forget that experience and the way I felt when I landed. I was exhausted walking through SeaTac airport and almost fell asleep sitting on my suitcase at the arrival pickup area but once I saw that car pull around the corner and we were off on the 405, I was instantly recharged with love and a sense of beauty. I leave you with a little advice that I saw on a church sign. Sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment